- Parks & Recreation
- Scholarship Program
Play it Forward Scholarship Program
In the Town of Prescott Valley, we believe all citizens should have an equal opportunity to participate in recreation. Our Play It Forward scholarship fund allows access to recreational programs to all Prescott Valley residents, who are 17 years of age and younger, regardless of their income level. The Parks & Recreation department, with support from the Friends of the Prescott Valley Parks & Recreation, subsidizes program fees so that eligible youth can pay reduced fees, or no fees, for these recreational services.
How does Play It Forward work?
The Play It Forward Scholarship is available only to those who are 17 years of age or younger and live within Prescott Valley town limits. Those wishing to participate in the Play It Forward Scholarship must submit an annual application. Applications will be reviewed by the Parks & Recreation staff within seven days of receiving the application, provided all necessary documentation is provided at the time of submission.
The Play It Forward Scholarship funds is on a first come, first served basis until depleted and do not roll over on an annual basis. If funds are not utilized by December 31st, they will go back into the general Play It Forward Scholarship fund to be reallocated.
Scholarship fees can only be utilized for recreational programming. Supplies & other associated program costs are not covered under the scholarship.
Those who are accepted into the program will receive the following benefits:
- 20% discounted rate on all pre-registered recreational programming
- $100 per child to be utilized for pre-registered recreational programming
How do I know if I’m eligible?
Prescott Valley residents who currently receive public assistance from any of the following programs:
- Cash Assistance (CA)
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCS)
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Home Energy Assistance (HEA & LIHEAP & USF)
- Arizona Medicaid
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- KidsCare Health Insurance
- AZ Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
No other programs or documentation will be accepted. Application eligibility for the Play It Forward Scholarship will be reviewed and approved by Parks & Recreation staff. Documentation is required in order to be approved for this scholarship.
How do I apply?
- Fill out the Play It Forward Scholarship Application (one per household)
- Attach documentation of the public assistance received and proof of address
Proof of address can include: Utility Bill, Phone Bill, Vehicle Registration, Tax Return
Please note proof of address must display the correct name and have a current date
- Submit your application and documentation to Town of Prescott Valley Parks & Recreation Department, 7501 Skoog Blvd., Prescott Valley AZ or via email to email@example.com
Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive a letter stating whether you have been approved or denied. If approved, funds & discount will be available immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: All information will remain confidential.
How do I donate?
You can donate online by clicking Donate Here or by calling the Parks & Recreation department at (928) 759-3090.
If you would like your donations to be tax-deductible, you can donate to the Friends of Prescott Valley Parks & Recreation.
Donations can be mailed to:
Friends of Prescott Valley Parks & Recreation
P.O. Box 25302
Prescott Valley, Arizona 86312-5302
• Call (928) 759-3090