- Boards & Commissions
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement System Board
Public Safety Personnel Retirement System Local Board
- Town of Prescott Valley - Town Hall
7501 E Skoog Boulevard
Conference Room #406
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
Agendas & Minutes
View Meeting Agendas, Minutes and Videos
- Mayor Kell Palguta, Chairman
- Tony Lawrence, Elected Member
- Ryan Spriggs, Elected Member
- Christopher Edelbrock, Citizen Member
- Gilbert Davidson, Citizen Member
Prior to the establishment of the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS), municipal fireman and policemen, employees of the Arizona Highway Patrol and other public safety personnel in the state of Arizona were covered under various local, municipal and state retirement programs. These heterogeneous programs provided for wide and significant differentials in employee contribution rates, benefit eligibility provisions, types of benefit protection, and benefit formulas.
In order to provide a uniform, consistent and equitable statewide program for public safety personnel who are regularly assigned hazardous duty in the employ of the state of Arizona or a political subdivision thereof, this retirement system was created effective as of July 1, 1968, as an amendment to and continuation of 3 prior systems.
The administration of the system and responsibility for making the provisions of the system effective for each employer are vested in a local board. For political subdivisions or Native American tribes, the mayor or chief elected official or a designee of the mayor or chief elected official approved by the respective governing body as chairman, 2 members elected by secret ballot by members employed by the appropriate employer and 2 citizens, 1 of whom shall be the head of the merit system if it exists for the group of members, appointed by the mayor or chief elected official and with the approval of the governing body of the city or governing body of the employer.
The Local Board is governed by the following:
- Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 38, Chapter 5, Article 4 and related statutes
- Town of Prescott Valley Police Department PSPRS Local Board Bylaws
- Town of Prescott Valley Police Department PSPRS Local Board Rules
Further information can be found at the PSPRS website.