The Magistrate Court, also known as the Municipal Court, hears the following types of cases:
- Misdemeanor criminal conduct that occurs within the Prescott Valley Town limits, such as assault, trespass, disturbing the peace, domestic violence, and Town Code violations
- Criminal and civil traffic offenses
- Limited juvenile matters
- Petitions for Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment
The Magistrate Court recognizes deferral programs such as Defensive Driving School (DDS); pre-trial diversion and delayed entry of judgment programs are available in specific cases as a motivational tool for a Defendant to have no further contact with the legal system. Programs such as TASC, substance abuse/alcohol, misdemeanor marijuana, anger management, domestic violence treatment, and shoplifting diversion are utilized by the Court. The Magistrate Court also works closely with other courts. After-hours court proceedings are considered on an as needed basis.
Court Ordered Financial Obligations
If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgement of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the court or an attorney.
Click here for our Payment Acceptance Policies
The court offers the following payment options:
- In person: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Closed 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for lunch. The court clerk’s window is on the 1st floor.
- By mail: 7501 E Skoog Blvd, 1st Floor, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314; Make check/MO payable to: Prescott Valley Court. Please include your case number in the reference/memo field on your check or money order.
- Over the phone: 928-772-8277, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Closed 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for lunch.
- Online: www.azcourtpay.com, enter your complaint number in the citation field.
- Pay with cash at select retailers: Click here to obtain your unique barcode and pay with cash retailers.
Need to make a payment with cash on your court case today? No problem!
- PayNearMe is a same day guaranteed transaction for only $2.99. Cash payments up to $1,000 are accepted.
- Bring your barcode to a participating 7-Eleven, CVS, Family Dollar, or Ace Cash Express to make a payment.
- Your unique barcode is located on your court notice or download your barcode using azcourtpay.com
- Once you are at the store, present your barcode to the cashier and tell the cashier to follow the steps on the PaySlip or smart phone.
- Before you go, know your balance due and how much you want to pay. The cashier will not have access to this information.
- That's it! It is as simple as buying a soda. Your payment will be sent to the court within 15 minutes.
- If you have any PayNearMe questions, please call 800-720-7743
Media Coverage of Court Proceedings
Anyone who wishes to use a camera or take photos in Magistrate Court must have the permission of the Court in advance. Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis.